As Hackquarters, we have met many startups since 2015. Undoubtedly, it is very difficult to bring a new solution to a problem and achieve commercial success with this solution. Startups face tremendously big problems from the initial formation of these solution ideas to producing and then to commercial success. A newly established business has to cope with the competition. For this, it needs capital and technological accumulation. When we look at the startups from this perspective, we can define entrepreneurship as the art of living in limited resources and unlimited competition. Startups are engaged in a very serious psychological war in this process. When we look at many startups are defeated in this war and the survivors continue their way.
An organization is born, develops and dies, and when we examine them in terms of these processes, we realize that they really act like a living organism. Organizations are transformed in the same way as a living being undergoes some adaptations in order to survive in its environment. Although these processes proceed naturally for a real living thing, this transformation needs to be managed very well for organizations. In fact, organizations have to design the structure that will manage these processes themselves. And mistakes made in this process may cause serious problems in the future. So, what should we do for our company in order to proceed healthier when making decisions in these processes? What can we do to bring our company to a more vibrant form?
The organizational structure forms the basis for all activities of the enterprises. If this structure is not established in an appropriate and convenient way, the strategic management activities of the enterprise will not be successful.
Many organizational theories have been developed over time for organizational structure. These organizational theories try to explain in different ways how organizations operate, what environmental factors they are associated with, and how they manage this whole relationship. The organizational chart of a classic corporate company is as follows.
Some elements should be taken into consideration while creating this structure.
- The first of these points is vertical differentiation. Hierarchically organizational steps, degree of differentiation of duties and powers, control areas of managers and chain of command should be examined in this context.
- Horizontal differentiation is also examined. Product, geography, customer, such as which the organization is divided according to the basis.
- Formalization tools and dimensions such as intra-organizational decisions, regulations, directives, and regulations should also be examined.
- Finally, the extent to which the organization is centralized and whether strategic decisions are made by the central administration or by the local administration is also important.
However, if you are a very new organization and only 2 people are trying to keep your company alive, things will get a little complicated. If you think you don’t need an organization chart at this stage, you are wrong. At this point, you might think that you are actually training the brain team of your big company in the future, and all you have to do is understand your team and yourself. This is very important to identify the manpower you need in the future and to make the right decisions.
The company culture; is called internal values, beliefs, and habits that affect the formal structure in an institution, an organization, and an enterprise. It is a set of norms, patterns, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that direct the behavior of the people working in your company. Company culture is the whole of values in general terms and what employees say that’s how things work here “. If this culture is created consciously and logically, team members can easily handle unusual situations.
THE COMPONENTS OF THE ORGANIZATION CULTURE
Company culture consists of the following elements;
- History of the company
- Values of the company
- Beliefs of the company
- Written works about the company
- Symbols of the company
- The informal organizational structure of the company
- Customs and traditions related to the company
- Days and ceremonies related to the company
- Leading heroes of the institution
- Mission and vision of the organization,
- Establishment and founders of the company
- Rules of conduct in the company
ISSUES TO BE CONSIDERED IN CREATING A CULTURE OF INSTITUTION
- Effective and open communication,
- Employee participation in decision-making processes,
- Compliance between employees,
- Rational distribution of powers and responsibilities,
- Ensuring the work of the institution,
- Ensuring the future of the institution.
Corporate mission; It is called special tasks that an organization undertakes and undertakes. Tells why an organization exists and what it wants to do. Employees in an organization with a written mission; understand better why, how and how to work.
The company mission gives information about how the organization can realize its strategic goals and objectives and what the future vision will be. Every institution has a mission whether it is defined or not. It is extremely important that the mission is rationally defined and written.
The company strategy, in an institution, taking into consideration the long-term comparative advantages of the organization is aimed at increasing the success and increasing the value of activities. Corporate strategy; strategies in which an organization should be located and in which areas to operate in order to achieve its goals and objectives.
TYPES OF CORPORATE STRATEGY
The types of corporate strategies can be expressed as follows;
- Growth strategies
- Marketing strategies
- Development strategies
- Saving strategies
ISSUES TO BE CONSIDERED IN CREATING CORPORATE STRATEGY
The issues to be considered while determining the corporate strategy can be listed as follows:
- The main functions of the organization and the fields of activity should be clearly defined.
- The requirements for the continuation of the work of the institution should be determined,
- The steps to be taken to increase the capacities of the institution should be determined.
- Measures to be taken to increase the effectiveness of the institution should be determined.
- The works to increase the competitiveness of the institution should be put forward.
Company brand value refers to a company’s name, emblem, logos, and recognition. It is the value of an enterprise in the persons, groups and institutions that the business does, interlocutors or contacts with, is the sum of the images of the enterprise formed in the thinking structures of other people, groups and institutions.
It is called designing and designing an organization, its products, and services in accordance with its corporate identity objectives.
THE COMPONENTS OF THE INSTITUTIONAL DESIGN
Elements of corporate design can be listed as follows;
- The slogan
- Product design
- Office designs
- Building designs
- Environmental designs
- Landscape designs
- Clothing designs
- Form designs
- Advertising designs
- Publication designs
- Vehicle designs
- Packaging designs
- Promotional designs
HOW SHOULD THE CORPORATE DESIGN BE?
Corporate design (Design) should have the following features;
- Must be practical
- Should be functional
- Must be suitable for use
- It should be aesthetic
- Easy to perceive
- It must be original
- Should be symbolic
- It should have contextual meaning
- Explain the institution, product or service
- It should be social
- Be able to address society